From the Office of Outgoing Questa Mayor Mark Gallegos
Beginning this month of April through the rest of the calendar year will be one of the busiest construction seasons that the Village of Questa has seen in years. Many grants have been applied for and received; the implementation of projects will begin.
These projects have been many years in the making. There will be much activity surrounding these projects. All these projects are in different phases, some in the beginning planning phase, some in construction, and some closing out.
Here is a short list of projects.
• Complete paving of upper Cabresto Road – begins April 18
• Purchase of new fire truck
• New public works equipment
• Old Red River Road/Embargo Bridge improvements
• New grant funding for the planning, design, building of a new Fire Department
• $1.5 million Business Park Building Expansion (Taos Bakes)
• Village Administration Building Expansion; adding office, records room, and conference room
• Library parking lot improvements
• Sewer line extensions
• New water well
I would like to ask that you continue to be active in the community by engaging in events, by participating in support groups within the Village, by communicating with your neighbors and elected officials. It is also important to support the Village officials and staff as they continue to provide and serve the community. Let’s work together to create a healthy and safe community.
It has been my pleasure serving you all for the past 18 years, 10 as a Council member and 8 as Mayor.